This little guy definitely came in a bit grumpy! He was tired and hungry, but we still managed to get some cute smiles out of him. He is definitely a character with a lot of personality! He totally thought the Easter eggs were real and wanted to eat them all! I’m amazed that he already looks so much bigger than when I first met him at Christmas time. I love watching the kids grow up 🙂
Hey, all! I met this beautiful mom-to-be during her maternity session! She will be having her first little boy shortly! I definitely loved that she shared the outfits she was thinking about with me and put her input into her session, so we could make it just what she wanted. Doesn’t she look great?? I love phot
Hello, all! Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and I decided to get a jump on mini sessions this year! I’ve had quite a few sessions so far, and am looking forward to doing more! Last year was my first year really getting into buying and making backdrops. This year I plan to do much more, and I started with my xoxo minis. I bought colored papers for the first time (previously stuck with black and white!) and I’m loving them so far! I also tried my hand at hand-painting and hand crafting the different shapes and objects. I’ll post a few of my favorites from the sessions I’ve done so far. I’m doing these through February 11th, so be sure to book yours!
Hey, all! If you know me, you know I love crafts and making things. I read online that you could actually PAINT chairs, yes, paint them! You know I had to try it! I found this gorgeous chair online for only $60, but it was, unfortunately, stained beyond repair. I tried cleaning it with the upholstery cleaner, and while it did ‘clean’ it, it was never going to be the original color.
So, a little paint, a little fabric medium, and water, and voila! Like-new chair!
I used the Martha Stewart textile medium, but I’m sure any brand would work. Mix it, water, and paint in a 1:1:1/2 part formula, and just paint it on. I still have to put another layer on, but she looks great on camera!
This year, I made a few resolutions, like I’m sure everyone did. One of them was a promise to blog more often. Clearly I’m getting off to a bad start, since I’m not blogging until halfway through January! But, I promise to be more faithful about it!
My first post of the year will be a list of things that I REALLY want to photograph in 2017. Hopefully some people will see the list and book me for these things! I’m super creative, and you will love the photos, I promise! Haha. Well, here goes!
- A boudoir couple (sexy, bed-room type photos of a couple)
- Male art nude (dramatic lighting, classic and yes, all the essentials will be covered!)
- Fine art pets (I’ve started practicing this on my own pups, and am totally in love!)
- Person in full body paint (I’m thinking solid gold or sliver, then possibly move on to something more)
- Milk bath (photos in a claw foot tub and milk, supposed to signify breast milk, in a boudoir, a maternity, and a baby)
- Night portraits (this one I’ll have to do a lot of research on to figure out lighting, then I’ll totally be ready to tackle it!)
- A ballet dancer (an indoor and outdoor, preferably en pointe)
- Gymnast (adult or child)
- Skateboarder (at a skate park and in studio)
- Beach Session (I kind of did that in December with my family, but I want to do an official one)
- Fighter-fighter family with fire truck (pretty self-explanatory but I think it would be awesome!!
- Trash the dress (an official one, in a wedding dress)
- High School Senior in sports and other activities (outdoor and in studio)
- Another birth (love photographing births!)
- A litter of newborn puppies and/or kittens (working on this one as we speak!)
- A redhead with freckles (I think freckles are so lovely!)
- A little girl tea party (I think this would be adorable)
- A lady with a huge afro (wanting to do something ethnic)
- A family in superhero outfits (matching or coordinating)
- A cow (yes, random, I know, but I love cows)
- A paint fight session (family, or couple, either would be cute)
- Old-fashioned pinup (old fashioned outfits and props, maybe with an old truck!)
- Other animals (besides the normal cats and dogs)
A pretty long list here, but I have faith that I can get it done this year! If nothing else, I’m looking forward to trying!
Shelby and Jonathan met in 2008 while working at Time Warner Cable. Jonathan approached Shelby to ask her about a new phone she’d gotten, and the rest was history! They’ve been dating for five years and got engaged in September of last year!
Jonathan planned a surprise proposal for Shelby and got all her friends and family involved! Shelby was supposed to be taking out a friend for birthday drinks, but it was all a clever distraction while he set up the surprise party.
I am photographing their wedding this September and am super excited! It was great getting to know them a little bit better at their engagement session at the University of Dayton a couple weeks ago! It was pretty warm outside, but the scenery was beautiful!
It’s always a sad day when you realize that your kids are getting older! Just your kids, not you! 😛
My son is turning 8 this year! He is really into Pokemon, so he decided that he wants a Pokemon party this year. Keeping with the tradition I started last year, whatever the theme will be for his party, that will also be the theme for his birthday pictures! Thanks to his Na, he already had the Pokemon shirt, cards, books, and toys! Mix all those things together, and you get a fun photo shoot!
He’s not too keen on taking pictures these days (I guess we do them too much, haha) so I told him we’d make it quick this year.
Behold, the Pokemon master!